It has been 11 months since I posted on here. And it makes me a little sad to read back at all I documented before you turned one and realize I haven't been doing that as we've gone. So I want to do a snapshot of you at almost 2 to tell you how amazing you are.
Charlie, you are a giggly, spunky, obedient, funny, tough little man. You like to run and vroom trucks and watch cars out the window. You also like to "rock da mama", read books on repeat, hold hands, be sung to and dance. I don't know that any of this is abnormal for a two year old, but it's so precious to me.
Some specific things that I know you will stop doing someday but that I love so much right now:
- When we are in the car, you gasp and point at things. Like it's the first time you've ever seen something so awesome and so loudly I'm afraid someone is about to ram into the car. You wave at the (fake) cows at the restaurant down the street and when you get anywhere near turning onto that street you say "pass de dows... mmmmmm(oo)... bye bye dows". When we are at Shoal Creek and 2222 (or on Shoal Creek anywhere south of 2222) you start saying "da Gee-Mahnn" because you want to go to G-Man's house to watch the trucks go by. You know when we are getting close to things (airplanes at Camp Mabry, where "da boats doh", school, Moyce's place, the Children's Museum, Aunt Kate's even restaurants) and I'm impressed every time. And I love that you know where you are and are ALWAYS excited to go there. I'm going to miss that about Austin.
- "Da Mama da and Doh"... meaning "the mama's hand go" when we walk into school. We talk through the plan at night before we go and in the morning before we go and even as we walk up. We hold hands, you give me a "chiss" and say Bye Bye Mama then you walk in and "wash da hands... da shoap" and then vroom da trucks. You are so brave and smile and wave even when every other kid in the room is crying! I am so proud of you!
- You love to give hugs and kisses. You warm up to people so quickly and will almost immediately give a high five. When they leave it would be a rare occasion for them to not get a kiss or a very willing hug. You love people and they love you!
- Your smile and laugh absolutely light up a room. Your sheer joy with each activity, quiet moment, new friend, old friend, family member, animal... almost anything really... is so evident. I hope that love of life stays with you forever.
- This list is solely for me... but I wanted to have it written somewhere! --> Words you say wrong (or at least ultra-emphasized) that I wish you would never learn how to say right (or at least the normal, boring way):
Ain't Kayte - Aunt Kate
Ma-Mowah - Lawnmower
Dowm - Down
Char - Car
Chah-ee - Charlie
Jewake - Jake
da Mahk - The Mark aka a tractor
Cheez - Please
WaWa - Watermelon
Mook - Milk
Gee - Glee
Dince - Dance
da mama/da dada - Mom/Dad. Always with "da"
Eh-pwain - Airplane
Jewapes - Grapes
Chewack - Quack or Cracker
Biss - Bus
Chiss - Kiss
Daw-ig - Dog
Sham - Sam (friend in class!)
Mee-ohs - Miles (friend in class!)
Baby No - Noah :)
Da Wone - Phone
Correct but emphasized:
Beennn - Ben
May-mee - Mayme
TRRRUCK - TRUCK!
Da OFFFF (and wrinkle your eyebrows) - Off
This series of pictures gives a pretty great snapshot of you and your year...
(Happy Mother's Day to me... :)
(Your first teachers... Miss Angela and Miss Nancy.
You love them so much... gasping and grinning at their picture
every time we scroll by it on my phone.)
(first baseball game with Dad.
He said you hollered at people the whole time
and didn't leave your seat for over an hour. :)