5.04.2011

Six Months

Dear Charlie,

This month has been huge!  Without further ado, let's talk about you! (Pictures and videos don't really correspond... just showing you my man.)  :)

- You are sleeping all night! You go to bed around 6:30 and wake up between 6 and 7. It's awesome! You still take an hour and a half nap in the morning and two hour-ish long naps in the afternoon. I'm sure we will try to consolidate these at some point... but you don't ever stay awake more than 3 hours at a time (and usually only 2). OH... and you are unswaddled! You still sleep in the blanket because you like to cuddle with it before you sleep (and I like that you can't put it over your face!)  


- You are eating some food and are not hating it as much as you first did a few weeks ago. You made the most awful gagging, eyes watering, vomit face when I first fed you with a spoon. I tried putting bananas on my finger and using a medicine dropper and you weren't hating the taste so we went back and tried again. I also moved on from rice cereal (which is NASTY) to oatmeal with cinnamon (NOT nasty). You really like banana, green beans and meat (ground up flank steak). You didn't like peaches and I don't blame you... they were gross.


- Holding a cup and letting you drink water out of it is one of my favorite things ever. You are hilarious and get so excited and grab the cup and try and yank it out of my hands.

- I don't know how much longer I can leave you in your bouncy chair alone... you are trying to roll on your side and throw yourself out of it! Instead, I will put you in your "circle of neglect" jumparoo.


- Your favorite toy is my Blackberry and you are loving to eat your feet. Usually your right foot. Maybe the left leg isn't as flexible due to all that kicking? These are huge steps... last month, you were just fiddling with toys, now you hold them and play with them and eat them. Good job, dude!






- You do not like having things put over your head, having boogers removed and being laid on your bed (because you think it's nap time... and usually it is!)


- Your absolute favorite things are music, books and being outside! Our favorite time with you is on weekend afternoons when we go somewhere to eat (early bird special, baby!) on a patio and show you off to anyone who watches you grin at your daddy while you stand on his legs.


- Other firsts... first dip in the lake (plus first crawdad in your face), first time in a pool, first time on the golf course, first rolling over back to front.




- If you get around a bunch of people, occasionally you will just TALK. We went to Moyce's birthday party last week and you truly went on for about 8 minutes at THIS volume. The whole room was listening to you and you were just talking over everyone.  It was hilarious.  I recorded the last minute or so because everyone was telling me to!


- You are such a happy man. Whenever I take you anywhere or you meet people, they just say how sweet you are. If you get mad, you just whine or fuss a little.  You aren't a big crier unless you're exhausted. And when you are happy and talking and giggling, I just laugh and love it. I love you, my man!


Love,
Mama

5 comments:

Schulz Sightings said...

He is just a peach!! We love you Charlie!!! Happy birthday!!
love,
the schulz cousins

Shayla said...

Get that baby an agent! He needs to be in Gerber or Pampers commercials. Seriously, he is just the cutest thing!

Lindsey Bourland said...

ahh he is so adorable! Love all the pictures and the videos!

Vicki said...

I just need Charlie. Thursday night was a start, but seriously...need some Charlie time. Can Daniel take you out?!?
xoxo,

RookieMom Whitney said...

He is so cute! I love the "circle of neglect"